Sunday, May 19, 2013

ICFF International fair 2013




It never ceases to amaze me  how adaptable we are. From the bush of Africa to the world of consumerism and contemporary design. If I were to choose...I would run (or rather fly) back to Africa. I miss it terribly...

Working on a few interior projects and constantly on the look at for new products and technology, I was, first thing in the morning, at the doors of the Javitt center in New York City for the 2013 International Contemporary Furniture Fair. It was actually wonderful as I walked the aisles of the show, I bumped into my favorite people, Clodagh, the most talented designer of our times, Arlene Hirst of the NY Times and a judge for the show, Tucker Robbins...we could talk for hours... just to name a few. I realized how long i have been in this industry!

I ended up placing some orders for the showroom, found great technological products for my clients.
I forgot my camera and my iphone ran out of battery...I guess i am still in lala land....
Forgive the poor quality of the shots but i captured what caught my eye and the contemporary trends...





By Caleb Siemon and Carmen Salazar to be seen soon in my Interieurs Showroom



The Siemon Pendant part of Interieurs lighting collection

Siemon Collection, soon to be seen at Interieurs


Love this multi dimentional textile weaving technique by a Japanese designer

Will be specifying this fabric from the same designer as above

Love this wallpaper




If you would like to find out about the designers behind these pieces, do send me an email and I will go through my catalogs.

Now, I am off to put my rain gear on and head out to my garden to plant all vegetables and annuals.

A Bientôt,

Francine


If you would like me to create your personal and ideal home, contact me about our Interior Design Services 















5 comments:

  1. Africa withdrawal...I know it well. But how phenomenal that you can move between two such amazing worlds, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Francine ..... such amazing pieces. I am sure that I would have walked around with my mouth open !! .... and, I love the wallpaper. I have seen the tin tile one .... that and the script one are my favourites.
    It sounds as if you are having the same sort of weather as we are .... I managed to get out into the garden this morning to plant a few things that I bought a while ago.
    Happy planting and here's hoping that the weather cheers up soon. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lighting, Francine. I love the piece you will have in your shop. All so different, which I love.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Francine, I can only imagine the wonders of the trip and now to see the results of your latest and greatest from the ICFF Show!
    One day I will Have one of your Lighting Pieces!

    Come with me on my adventure in France.
    life, possibilities, grace
    a beautiful dream...

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why you are such a good designer, you adapt fast. Have fun.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter