Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life is a challenge...




En route to visit with our Orangutan friends in Kalimatan, Borneo.Magnificent gift of nature.

Marsha, of Splenderosa, our coach of sorts, and inspirational motivator, challenges us every month with topics for discussion.

This month's Bio is: "Our greater challenge, and how it changes us for the better"

Well Marsha, you did pick a timely and on point subject, appropriate during this spiritual and religious time.

One of my favorite Hollywood movies is Forrest Gump and his powerful line: "Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get."

Life in itself is a series of challenges, our path is to accept the challenges, have faith in God and ourselves, and embrace the changes ahead. In itself, this is a formidable challenge. I fear change, heights, unknown territories, meeting new people,  and because I suffer those fears I deliberately  throw myself into situations where I am compelled to face those fears, embrace the moment and emerge enriched by the experience. 

However, looking back at my life, my one greatest challenge was acceptance. Acceptance that there is more to this world and life than its obvious physicality and that we must believe in our spiritual being and God's love, would it be the wisdom of Buddha or any religion. In a flash, my life, my small world was shattered in front of my eyes on a crisp pure blue morning on September 11th. Writing these words, I can still hear the screams, the sounds of destruction, breath in the dust, stand in disbelief and horror as the towers crumbled before my eyes, not even thinking of running for cover. My perfect small world was over, friends gone forever, children without fathers or mothers. Instinctively,we all walked in silence... walked away until we reached the train station, and went to find refuge in my church. The core of my being so exposed and raw that the only solace I would accept was from God.

Then, I understood. I understood the meaning of life, the magical moments of life, the gift of being alive and I have never ever taken any day for granted. Every night, I look at the sky and every morning I thank God for his loving gift of life.



A Bientôt,

Francine


Please read Marsha's post and our community of bloggers


lBy invitation only



l home,

7 comments:

  1. Oh Francine,
    What a perfect post for our BIO subject this month.....mine pales into insignificance after reading your words. I cannot begin to imagine what that day was like ...... my only connection is that I worked in London when the IRA were bombing London and one exploded in a restaurant under the offices where I worked so. I can relate in a small way.
    Inspiring words Francine. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francine, thank you for sharing that moment with us. I have close ties to NYC, and remember watching that unfold on my couch that morning. It was my daughter's due date. She was born 2 weeks later. Moments like that crystallize everything. I'm so sorry for the loss and trauma you experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francine you relayed your feelings so beautifully. Thank you so much for you friendship...

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were there? I am so sorry. Other survivors have told me of the trauma, and how they feel every year at the anniversary. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Francine... so heartfelt...
    That moment of understanding must have been a revelation beyond anything...
    Beautiful post... xv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Francine.
    We never will be the same again, and I love your words here.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS post:) your blog Is such an inspiration.

    If you want some travel inspiration..check out my new post:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria from inredningsvis.se

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter